IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) Newsletter
IEEE WIE members receive the bi-monthly IEEE WIE Exchange newsletter which contains reports on IEEE WIE and Affinity Group activities, IEEE news, and other relevant IEEE WIE information. The newsletter also features opportunities to network, volunteer, and participate in local and global IEEE WIE activities.
IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine
The award-winning IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine includes profiles of women with successful careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, as well as coverage of educational programs that attract young women to those disciplines. The Magazine focuses in on issues facing women who study or work in IEEE’s fields of interests and strives to recognize women’s outstanding achievements in technology.
The magazine is available in print for IEEE WIE Higher Grade Members (shipped with IEEE Spectrum) as part of IEEE WIE membership. IEEE WIE Student and Graduate Students receive the magazine digitally as a part of their IEEE WIE membership. Students and Graduate Students may opt to include the magazine in print for an additional fee of US$20 per year.
Congratulations to the IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine, winner of 2008 and 2010-2019 APEX Awards for Publication Excellence, which are based on excellence in graphic design, editorial content, and the ability to achieve overall communications excellence.
- 2020: IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine, June 2019 issue, is a winner in the 2019 American Graphic Design Awards™ competition, in the publication design category.
- 2019: IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine, December 2018 issue feature “Stories of Jane Goodall and the African Wilderness”; Grand Award in the category of Writing – Feature Writing
- 2018: IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine, June 2017 issue feature “Always Up for a Challenge”; winner in the category of Writing – Feature Writing
IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine, December 2017 issue feature “Nerd Girl Nation”; winner in the category Magazines, Journals, Tabloids–Design and Layout.
Graphic Design USA (GDUSA) American Inhouse Design Award™ is the original and premier showcase for outstanding work by inhouse designers, recognizing talent, the special challenges faced and, most importantly, the value designers bring to businesses and institutions.
- 2019: IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine, December 2018 issue; winner in the publication design category
- 2017: IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine, December 2016 issue: Authentic Women; winner in the publication design category