This award recognizes an individual member of the full IEEE WIE Committee (as defined in the MGA Operations Manual section 4.20 IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) Committee, D. Composition) who has exhibited volunteering of an extraordinary nature in implementing activities/projects that support the goals of WIE at the local, regional, national and/or international level. The accomplishments of the candidate should be of “significant performance” and should have made a distinguishing contribution. The focus should be on volunteering for IEEE, MGA, or its organizational units, not on professional achievement. The award recipient shall be presented with a plaque. One award shall be presented annually.
Nomination Deadline: Coming soon…
One award annually
- Awarded annually to an individual member of the full WIE Committee.
- This award can be received only once by an individual.
- Must be an active member of IEEE and WIE.
- No formal nominations will be solicited.
- This is a discretionary award. The recipient is selected by the IEEE WIE Committee Chair, based on their volunteering activities, commitment, attendance to meetings, tangible benefits generated to the members, inclusiveness, accountability, among other points.
- A plaque/certificate of recognition