The IEEE Women in Engineering Committee (WIEC) encourages the development of local activities that are of educational and professional value to WIE members and increase the visibility of women in the profession. To assist IEEE WIE Affinity Groups, the WIEC has a limited amount of funding available to support such activities. The amount of funding is limited yearly; therefore, we cannot guarantee the availability of funds, and we advise that groups submit their proposals as early as possible.
Types of Funding:
1. Start-Up/Initial Funding
Newly established WIE Affinity Groups and WIE Student Branch Affinity Groups are eligible to request up to US$200 in start-up funding.
Initial Funding Request Conditions:
- Funding request must be submitted by the WIE Affinity Group Chair or WIE Student Branch Affinity Group Chair/Advisor.
- Initial funding may be provided only once per group.
- Activity report must be submitted to email@example.com within thirty days (30) after the conclusion of the activity with details of the use of funds.
How to Apply:
- Complete the WIE Initial Funding Request Form (For newly established groups only)
For questions about funding for WIE activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Special Funding
WIE Affinity Groups and WIE Student Branch Affinity Groups are eligible to request up to US$400 in funding for special projects or activities that align with the mission and vision of IEEE WIE. The IEEE WIE Committee invites WIE Affinity Group Officers/Society Officers to submit Special Funding requests to bid for special funds.
Special Funding Request Conditions:
- Funding will be provided after the activity is held and upon receipt of the activity report.
- Funding request must be submitted by the WIE Affinity Group Chair.
- Affinity Group may receive funding only once per year.
- Funding is available for partnering IEEE Societies and WIE Affinity Groups to hold activities in line with the mission and vision of IEEE WIE.
- Priority will be provided to WIE Affinity Groups/Societies that have not received funding support. Funding will be determined based on annual budget.
- The limit of each funding request is up to US$400. Please itemize all expenses in US dollars only (please do not use local currency in the proposal).
- Meal costs may be submitted as a special funding request if the activity aligns with the mission and vision of IEEE WIE.
- Individual travel expenses (of any kind) will not be approved.
- The WIE Committee will review and approve/reject the funding request at their next scheduled meeting.
- If the special funding request has been initially approved, the WIE Affinity Group/Society must submit an activity report with details on the use of funds within thirty (30) days after the conclusion of the activity. If a report is not received, future requests for one year will not be reviewed and/or awarded.
- The activity report may be published in WIE publications and/or social media platforms. Activity report should include .JPG image files (and not embedded in the report) and a one-page write-up (Word format) on the activity.
Special Funding – Submission Deadlines:
- 31 January 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 28 February 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 31 March 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 30 April 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 31 May 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 30 June 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 31 July 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 31 August 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 30 September 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 31 October 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 30 November 2021, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
How to Apply:
Important Requirements: IEEE Activities with Children
IEEE is committed to providing an enriching experience and safe environment for all children who participate in IEEE programs and activities, throughout the myriad of educational programs, STEM projects and related opportunities. If you currently participate in IEEE programs that involve working with children, or plan to do so, you must first visit the IEEE Activities with Children page to complete requirements.