WHAT'S HAPPENING IN IEEE
Engineer your future!
The new IEEE Learning Network (ILN) gives you easy access to online learning content from across IEEE, all in one place. Visit iln.ieee.org and browse more than 700 courses on core and emerging technologies, leadership skills, and more. Get the skills you need to advance in your career.
Special offer for Women in Engineering members! For a limited time, purchase any of these courses for 50% off the member price. Simply enter code ILNWIE at checkout. Courses included in this offer are:
- Enterprise Blockchain for the Internet of Things
- Intelligent Control of Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Values by Design in the Algorithmic Era
- The Digitized Grid
- Transparency and Accountability for Robots and Artificial Intelligence Systems
Innovation at Work
Stay up to date on the technology people are talking about! IEEE Innovation at Work provides free, short articles each week that explore the technologies being covered by sites like Forbes, Business Insider, and The Verge. Subscribe for the weekly digest, right from the site, so you never miss an article. Get started at innovationatwork.ieee.org.
Seeking Authors! We are always looking for engineers who are interested in submitting 300-500 word articles for the Innovation at Work site. If you’d like to submit an article about the technology you’re passionate about, please email Jennifer Fong at email@example.com.
2019 MGA Outstanding Section Award Recipients Announced
On 22 June 2019, the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities Board selected the following recipients of the 2019 MGA Outstanding Large, Medium and Small Section Awards, based on 2018 activities:
- 2019 MGA Outstanding Large Section Award recipient is the IEEE Bangalore Section from Region 10
- 2019 MGA Outstanding Medium Section Award recipient is the IEEE South Africa Section from Region 8
- 2019 MGA Outstanding Small Section Award recipient is the IEEE Kenya Section from Region 8
Congratulations to the Bangalore, South Africa and Kenya Sections for being selected for these awards “For successful efforts in fulfilling the educational and scientific goals of IEEE for the benefit of the public by maintaining, enhancing, and supporting the Student Branches, Technical Chapters, and Affinity Groups within their geographic boundaries.”
2020 IEEE Technical Field Award and 2019 Herz Award Recipients Announced
The IEEE Board of Directors has approved the 2020 IEEE Technical Field Award (TFA) and 2019 IEEE Eric Herz Outstanding Staff Member Award recipients. The complete list of recipientsand their citations is posted online at www.ieee.org/awards. Please feel free to send notes of congratulations and to publicize the recipientswithin your professional fields of interest other IEEE affiliations.
- The nomination deadline is 15 January annually to nominate someone for these awards.
- Nominate someone for an IEEE TFA
- Nominate someone for the IEEE Herz Award
- Learn about award sponsorship opportunities
- Check out the IEEE Awards Facebook pageand IEEE Awards Twitterfor new postings and various photos and videos!