IEEE Women in Engineering Student Branch Affinity Group of the Year Award
The IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) Student Branch Affinity Group of the Year Award is given annually to one IEEE WIE Student Branch Affinity Group that has shown outstanding leadership and initiative in organizing activities.
The award is based on programs that took place during the period of 1 January to 31 December of the preceding year.
Nomination Deadline: 31 March 2023
A WIE Student Branch Affinity Group of the year cannot receive this award more than once every three years (as a general rule).
Basis of selection
Award selection is based on:
- Quality of activities and programs sponsored/co-sponsored by the WIE Student Branch Affinity Group
- Quantity of activities and programs
- The number of participants at regular meetings and other activities and programs
- Demonstrations of outreach programs to young women
- The number of people served by the outreach
- Communication with its members
- Growth of WIE Student Branch Affinity Group membership
- WIE Student Branch Affinity Group website (if available)
The above criteria take into account that IEEE WIE Student Branch Affinity Groups vary in size and resources. In reviewing the number of participants in meetings, etc., the IEEE WIE Committee will take into consideration the percentage of participants from the available pool of members and individuals who could be served.
The winner will be recommended by the IEEE WIE Awards Subcommittee and approved by the IEEE WIE Committee.
- Certificate of Recognition
- US$500 subsidy for future activities (US$250 for honorable mention)
- Appointment of the WIE Student Branch Affinity Group’s Chair to the WIE Committee from 1 July 2023 to 30 June 2024
Instructions and guidelines for award nominations
Nominations for the award are accepted by submitting at the on-line awards portal.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about this award or the award process.