IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society Travel Grant 2017
The IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society and Women in Engineering are sponsoring two (2) registration and travel expenses for:
June 19-22, 2017
OCEANS’17 MTS/IEEE Aberdeen
September 18-21, 2017
OCEANS’17 MTS/IEEE Anchorage
The travel grant shall be up to USD $2,000 per event.
Travel grant candidate must be a IEEE WIE student member and a full-time student of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an accredited university or college. Applicants may apply multiple times but can only be awarded only one grant. Preference will be given to students from the Oceanic Engineering Society, but membership is not required to apply.
Selection/Basis for Judging.
Selection criteria will be based on evaluation of the following criteria:
- Submission of a resume
- One (1) statement not to exceed 500 words on why you are interested
- Proof of current student enrollment
- Commitment to attend the conference and meet with the OES IEEE WIE Liaison and have their picture taken.
- Commitment to write an article on the conference experience for the OES Beacon.
- One letter of recommendation for either an academic reference, such as a professor or department chair or from a personal reference who knows the applicant well and can comment on their character.
The selected candidate shall be chosen from the applicants meeting the eligibility requirements of this award.
- April 17th, 2017 – Submission deadline for OCEANS’17 MTS/IEEE Aberdeen
- July 17th, 2017 – Submission deadline for OCEANS’17 MTS/IEEE Anchorage
To apply for these grants, please submit a resume, a one paragraph statement (no more than 500 words) of why you are interested, proof of current student enrollment and one endorsement to email@example.com by the deadlines listed above. This sponsorship is open to any IEEE WIE student member.