IEEE Women in Engineering Inspiring Student Member of the Year Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize an undergraduate/graduate student member of IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) who has overcome barriers to pursue engineering and/or who has made a personal impact in their community through their dedication and involvement in projects or activities directed toward fulfilling one or more of the IEEE WIE goals and objectives.
Nomination Deadline: 31 March 2023
One award annually
- An IEEE Student Member or Graduate Student Member as of the submission deadline
- A member of IEEE WIE for at least two consecutive (2) years
- Must not be a past recipient of the IEEE Women in Engineering Inspiring Student Member of the Year Award
Basis of Selection
- Letters of Endorsement by professors and fellow members
- Service to IEEE WIE at Student Branch, Section or Society level
- Service to non-IEEE professional/technical organizations
- Candidates will be evaluated based on their IEEE WIE volunteer participation and community involvement; not on academic achievement
- Completed nomination form, completed by the nominator
- Two (2) letters of endorsement
The winner will be recommended by the IEEE WIE Awards Subcommittee and approved by the IEEE WIE Committee.
- Certificate of Recognition
- Cash prize (US$500 for winner/US$250 for honorable mention).
Instructions and guidelines for Award nominations
Nominators can submit nominations, endorsers can upload endorsement letters all within the online system.
To submit your nomination, please:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this award or the IEEE WIE Awards process.