IEEE Women in Engineering Inspiring Student Member of the Year Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize an undergraduate/graduate student member of IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) who has overcome barriers to pursue engineering and/or who has made a personal impact in their community through their dedication and involvement in projects or activities directed toward fulfilling one or more of the IEEE WIE goals and objectives.
One award annually
- An IEEE Student Member or Graduate Student Member as of the submission deadline
- A member of IEEE WIE for at least two consecutive (2) years
- Must not be a past recipient of the IEEE Women in Engineering Inspiring Student Member of the Year Award
Basis of Selection
- Letters of Endorsement by professors and fellow members
- Service to IEEE WIE at Student Branch, Section or Society level
- Service to non-IEEE professional/technical organizations
- Candidates will be evaluated based on their IEEE WIE volunteer participation and community involvement; not on academic achievement
- Completed nomination form, completed by the nominator
- Two (2) letters of endorsement
The winner will be recommended by the IEEE WIE Awards Subcommittee and approved by the IEEE WIE Committee.
A Certificate of Recognition and cash prize.
Instructions and guidelines for Award nominations
Nominators can submit nominations, endorsers can upload endorsement letters all within the online system.
To submit your nomination, please:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this award or the IEEE WIE Awards process.