IEEE Women in Engineering Inspiring Member of the Year Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize a professional member of IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) who has made an outstanding contribution to IEEE WIE, their community, and the engineering community, through their dedication and involvement in projects or activities directed toward fulfilling one or more of the IEEE WIE goals and objectives.
Nomination Deadline: 31 March 2023
One award annually
- An IEEE Member grade or higher
- A professional member of IEEE WIE for at least two (2) years
- A professional working in industry/academia for greater than five (5) years
- Must not be a past recipient of the IEEE Women in Engineering Inspiring Member of the Year Award
Basis of selection
- Letters of endorsement by colleagues and fellow members
- Service to IEEE WIE at Section or Society level
- Service to non-IEEE professional/technical organizations
- Candidates will be evaluated based on their IEEE WIE volunteer participation and community involvement; not on professional achievement
- Completed nomination form, completed by nominator
- Two (2) letters of endorsement
The winner will be recommended by the IEEE WIE Awards Subcommittee and approved by the IEEE WIE Committee.
- Certificate of Recognition
- Cash prize (US$500 for winner/US$250 for honorable mention)
Instructions and guidelines for Award nominations
Nominators can submit nominations, endorsers can upload endorsement letters all within the online system.
To submit your nomination please:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this award or the IEEE WIE Awards process.