Grants & Scholarships
The IEEE WIE Travel Grant program provides grants for IEEE WIE members to attend and present at IEEE-sponsored conferences or IEEE WIE-sponsored events
- Applicant must be a current IEEE WIE member and be at least in their second year of continuous WIE membership.
- Applications must be submitted at least three (3) months prior to the conference or event. The IEEE Women in Engineering Committee (WIEC) will review applications and make decisions at their next scheduled WIEC meeting. It takes at most two months.
- An applicant can receive only one grant per year.
- If applicant is granted a travel grant this year, the applicant is not eligible to apply again until one full year has passed between applications.
- Only one author per paper for the conference will be awarded a travel grant
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed after submission of the detailed expense report.
- Student applicants will be required to provide university affiliation documentation.
- Travel grant recipients must submit a one-page report from the conference or event experience along with interesting photos within thirty (30) days after the conference or event. Reports may be selected for publication in the IEEE WIE Newsletter and WIE social media platforms.
- Travel grant limit is up to US$750.
- Reimbursement will be dependent on submission of the completed event report, completed expense report form, and receipts.
- The following conferences/events are not eligible for the travel grant:
- IEEE WIE International Leadership Conference
- IEEE Regional Annual General Meeting
- IEEE WIE International Leadership Summit