IEEE Frances B. Hugle Scholarship
Submission Deadline: Closed
One award annually
- A female IEEE Student Member
- A full-time student who has completed two (2) years of undergraduate study in an engineering curriculum at an ABET-accredited university or college within the United States.
- A full-time student who is currently enrolled in an engineering curriculum at an ABET-accredited university or college within the United States.
- Applicant may apply multiple times, but can only be awarded the scholarship one time.
Basis of selection
- Two essays: (1) 1,000 words on why the applicant wants to go into the engineering profession, and (2) 500 words on why the applicant should receive the Scholarship.
- Evidence of at least a 3.7 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Two letters of recommendation: (1) from an academic reference, such as a professor or department chair, and (2) from a personal reference who knows the applicant well and can comment on her character.
- The selected candidate shall be selected from the successful applicants meeting the eligibility requirements of this award.
The scholarship recipient will be recommended by the IEEE WIE Outreach Subcommittee and approved by the IEEE WIE Committee.
The scholarship award shall be a one-time check in the amount of US$2,500.
Instructions and guidelines for scholarship submissions
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions
Donate to the IEEE Frances B. Hugle Scholarship
For information on donating to the IEEE Frances B. Hugle Memorial Fund, visit the IEEE Foundation page.
Click on the ‘Designation’ drop down menu, scroll down and select the IEEE WIE Frances B. Hugle Memorial Scholarship Fund.