IEEE Women in Engineering Affinity Group of the Year Award
The IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group of the Year Awards are given annually to one IEEE WIE Affinity Group and one IEEE WIE Student Affinity Group that have shown outstanding leadership and initiative in organizing activities.
Awards will be based on programs that took place during the period of 1 January to 31 December of the preceding year.
|IEEE WIE Affinity Group of the Year Award Nomination Deadlines|
|Section Affinity Group||01 May 2021|
|Student Branch Affinity Group||01 May 2021|
An Affinity Group cannot receive this award more than once every three years (as a general rule).
Basis of selection
Award selection is based on:
- Quality of activities and programs sponsored/co-sponsored by the affinity group
- Quantity of activities and programs
- The number of participants at regular meetings and other activities and programs
- Demonstrations of outreach programs to young women
- The number of people served by the outreach
- Communication with its members
- Growth of affinity group membership
- Affinity group website (if available)
The above criteria take into account that IEEE WIE Affinity Groups vary in size and resources. In reviewing the number of participants in meetings, etc., the IEEE WIE Committee will take into consideration the percentage of participants from the available pool of members and individuals who could be served.
The winner will be recommended by the IEE WIE Awards Subcommittee and approved by the IEEE WIE Committee
- A Certificate of Recognition.
- A US$500 subsidy for future activities.
- Appointment of the WIE Affinity Group’s Chair to the WIE Committee from 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022.
Instructions and guidelines for award nominations
Nominations for the award are accepted by submitting at the on-line awards portal.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this award or the award process.