About IEEE WIE
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is a global network of IEEE members and volunteers dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering and science.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
Mission & Vision
Our goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
“IEEE WIE pledges to work towards gender-diversified panels at all IEEE meetings, conferences, and events, including our own.”
Learn more about the WIE Pledge.
IEEE WIE Strives to:
- Provide assistance with the formation of new IEEE WIE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities.
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
- Organize workshops at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in IEEE WIE.
- Advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession.
- Promote member grade advancement for women to the IEEE membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs.
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior high and high schools.
IEEE WIE by the Numbers
The “IEEE WIE by the Numbers 2022” infographic highlights IEEE WIE membership, events, and Affinity Groups around the world.