2019 IEEE WIE International Leadership Summits Guidelines
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) International Leadership Summits will continue as a part of IEEE WIE’s portfolio of global initiatives that focus on Empowerment, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Emerging/Future Technology. Summits provide opportunities for networking, mentorship, and collaboration. Up to ten (10) Summits will be conducted globally in 2019.
SUBMITTING A PROPOSAL:
Proposals for 2019 Summits should be submitted by midnight (ET) on 04 January 2019. All IEEE WIE provided templates must be used when submitting a proposal, planning, and conducting an IEEE WIE Summit. Proof of endorsement from an IEEE Region, Section, or IEEE WIE Affinity Group must be provided as part of your proposal. All events must be held no later than 15 December 2019.
- Types of tracks recommended, but not limited to the following: Innovation, Empowerment, Entrepreneurship, Executive Leadership, and Emerging/Future/Disruptive Technology.
- Speakers from outside IEEE including industry, academia and government are encouraged.
- Single presentations, panels, workshops and hands-on demonstrations are encouraged.
- Proceedings/IEEE papers are not permitted for 2019 Summits.
- Organizing committee chairs must be IEEE WIE members and (at least one) must reside in the proposed Summit location.
- Organizing committee members can be from multiple geographic locations but must include members from the proposed Summit location.
The IEEE WIE Summit Subcommittee will evaluate and recommend approval of up to ten (10) Summit proposals based on the following criteria:
- Alignment with IEEE WIE Mission and Business Plan objectives.
- Alignment with Summit Mission
- Volunteer Committee (Proposed local section volunteers in the roles of Program Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer, at minimum).
- Proposed venue
- Preliminary budget
- Proposed track topics, sponsors, and speakers.
- IEEE WIE Leadership Summits must follow all rules defined by IEEE Conference Standards Policy 10.0
- The Organizing Entity will be responsible for all financial surplus and losses of the event. It is expected that any surplus from the program will be reinvested in local activities that support IEEE WIE members.
- IEEE Women in Engineering Program headquarters will provide approved proposals with seed funding in the amount of $1,500 USD to be applied to the costs associated with the IEEE WIE Summit only. These contributions do not need to be repaid. Funding is contingent upon proper adherence to IEEE WIE Summit guidelines, templates, and IEEE and IEEE WIE branding guidelines. IEEE WIE reserves the right to rescind approval and/or funding should any requirements or deliverables are not met.
- The organizer should submit a preliminary event budget within 3 months of the Summit start date.
- The organizer shall submit a final financial report within the three months after the Summit.
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- IEEE & IEEE WIE branding guidelines, including use of logos, event title formats, colors, etc., must be adhered to at all times.
- An IEEE WIE Summit website template will be provided to the organizer and should be utilized for promoting the event.
- Copy IEEE WIE staff on event communications and marketing. Please provide links for Summit social media accounts.
TO BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE SUMMIT
Marketing to begin once Summit is approved.
- An initial planning call with IEEE WIE Staff must be scheduled within one month of proposal approval.
- A Summit planning committee must be submitted within one month of proposal approval.
- A preliminary Summit program must be submitted within one month of proposal approval.
- Registration open at least 3 months before Summit.
- A Summit pre-planning call with IEEE WIE Staff must be scheduled at least 4 months before Summit start date.
- A final Summit program must be submitted at least 4 months before Summit start date.
Call for speakers recommended at least 6 months before Summit.
TO BE SUBMITTED AFTER THE SUMMIT
- The IEEE WIE Summit Attendee Survey and a Sponsor Survey must be conducted within two (2) weeks after the Summit concludes.
- The completedSummit survey results must be sent to email@example.com no later than two months after the Summit.
- The final report (financials, program summary, event photos, sponsors, media partners, etc.) must be submitted within 3 months after the Summit.
- Summit sponsors, registration and attendee lists must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at the conclusion of the Summit.