IEEE WIE Affinity Group Special Funding Request Form
The IEEE Women in Engineering Committee (WIEC) encourages development of local activities that adds professional value to IEEE Women in Engineering members to increase the visibility of women in the profession. For this purpose, IEEE WIEC invites IEEE WIE Affinity Group Officers/Society Officers to submit Special Funding requests to bid for special funds.
- All funding requests should be in line with the mission and vision of IEEE WIE.
- Funding requests must be submitted at least three months prior to the activity.
- Funding requests must be submitted by the Affinity Group Chair.
- The limit of each funding request is up to US$400. Please itemize the expenses in US dollars only (please do not use local currency in the proposal).
- Funding is available for partnering IEEE Societies and IEEE WIE Affinity Groups to hold activities in line with the mission and vision of IEEE WIE.
- Meal costs may be submitted as a special funding request if the activity meets the mission and vision of Women in Engineering.
- Individual travel expenses (of any kind) will not be approved.
- Priority will be provided to IEEE WIE Affinity Groups/Societies that have not received funding support. Awards will be determined based on annual budget.
- The WIEC will review and approve/reject the funding requests at their next scheduled WIEC meeting.
- IEEE WIE Affinity Group/Society should submit a report of the activity that received the IEEE WIE Special Fund within one month after the completion of the activity. If a report is not received, future requests for one year will not be reviewed and/or awarded.
- IEEE WIE Student Branch Affinity Groups must submit their reports using the IEEE WIE Student Branch Affinity Group Reporting form.
- The activity report may be published in IEEE WIE publications and/or social media platforms. Report should include images (jpeg, and not embedded in the report) and a one-page write-up (Word format) on the activity.