IEEE Women in Engineering Magazine Call for Articles
Magazine article submissions are now being accepted for the new IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) Magazine. The magazine will disseminate information to help recruit, retain, and foster the growth of women in engineering at all stages of their careers.
Article criteria and submission process
Please consider the following criteria when developing article submissions.
- Submissions must include the author’s full contact information.
- Articles should be in Microsoft Word format.
- Images should be attached separately in JPEG format.
- Pictures should include a detailed caption of the event or individuals.
- Consent forms should be provided for individuals featured in articles or pictures. See below for the IEEE electronic copyright form.
- All articles should be written in English.
- Articles with links that are incorrect or inappropriate will be declined.
- Each submission will be reviewed by an Editor who may correct spelling and grammar and edit for length.
- Fonts and formatting will be done by the editor.
All submissions meeting the above requirements should be submitted to email@example.com.
At the time of submission, authors should also submit the IEEE Copyright Form (eCF) . Download a blank Excel form, complete it, and submit it to the IEEE via the eCF upload tool.
Topics and interest areas
The WIE Magazine will differentiate itself by including topics that show the cross-cutting and interdisciplinary nature of engineering. The articles presented will integrate engineering with current issues facing society and interdisciplinary technologies, such as medicine, law, governance and international women’s issues.
Topics and areas of interest include but are not limited to:
Exciting engineering careers
Profiles of exciting engineering careers, and the people in these positions, to show young engineers the unimaginable possibilities that engineering can bring.
Presenting policies or governmental and international issues concerning technology.
Positive role models
Role models from around the world making outstanding achievements to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. This includes contributions to STEM education and outreach to youth.
Engineering position highlights
Articles and interviews highlighting Women Engineers around the world.
Articles on the best practices and programs for attracting youth into STEM disciplines.
Practical advice and methods for pursuing an engineering career.
Entrepreneurial strategies for starting new ventures, patents and business practices.
Issues facing individuals returning to the workforce, and balancing childrearing.
International and culture differences in the workplace.
If you submit an article, please read and provide a written signature on the IEEE Copyright form, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.