The IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group of the Year Awards are given annually to one WIE Affinity Group and one WIE Student Affinity Group that have shown outstanding leadership and initiative in organizing activities.
For Section Affinity Groups, the award will be based on programs that took place during the period of 1 January to 31 December of the preceding year. For Student Branch Affinity Groups, the award is based on the programs during 1 January to 31 December.
|WIE Affinity Group of the Year Award Nomination Deadlines|
|Section Affinity Group||01 March|
|Student Branch Affinity Group||01 March|
An Affinity Group cannot receive this award more than once every three years (as a general rule).
Basis of selection
Award selection is based on:
- Quality of activities and programs sponsored/co-sponsored by the affinity group
- Quantity of activities and programs
- The number of participants at regular meetings and other activities and programs
- Demonstrations of outreach programs to young women
- The number of people served by the outreach
- Communication with its members
- Growth of affinity group membership
- Affinity group website (if available)
The above criteria take into account that IEEE WIE Affinity Groups vary in size and resources. In reviewing the number of participants in meetings, etc., the WIE Committee will take into consideration the percentage of participants from the available pool of members and individuals who could be served.
The WIE Committee will review all nominations and rank-order them based on the criteria listed.
A Certificate of Recognition and a subsidy for future Affinity Group activities are awarded for both the winning WIE Affinity Group and the WIE Student Branch Affinity Group.
Instructions and guidelines for award nominations
Nominations for the award are accepted by submitting at the on-line awards portal.
Please email WIE at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this award or the award process.