IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering.
MISSION & VISION
Our goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE WIE strives to…
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations
- Organize receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE
- Advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance, and career advancement for women in the profession
- Provide assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups, and support ongoing activities
- Promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior member and Fellow
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools
The Women in Engineering Committee (WIEC) includes the IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA) Board, reporting through the MGA Member Engagement and Life Cycle Committee (MELCC), as defined in the IEEE MGA Operations Manual. The structure of the committee, and its responsibilities, may be found in the MGA Operations Manual Section 4.20, as follows.
IEEE WIE is led by a diverse body of elected and appointed volunteer members. The governance structure includes boards for operational areas, as well as bodies representing members in the 45 Societies and technical Councils and ten worldwide geographic regions. The WIE Committee (WIEC) is responsible for facilitating the development of programs and activities that…
- Promote entry and retention of women in engineering programs
- Enhance career advancement for women in the profession
- Promote IEEE membership and retention of IEEE women members
WIE is happy to address all of your questions and concerns. Please visit our FAQ’s section for quick answers to some or all of your questions.
For unanswered questions please refer to our contact information below.
Phone & Fax
Phone: +1 732 981 0060
Fax: +1 732-463-9359
We will do our best to quickly respond to your inquiry.
[Click Here] to view our list, by topic, of commonly asked questions.
IEEE Contact Center
IEEE Contact Center employees are ready to assist you
24/5, Sunday 4:30 p.m. ET to Friday 4:30 p.m. ET.
+1 800 678 4333 (USA and Canada)
+1 732 981 0060 (Worldwide)
+1 732 562 6380